Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:15-17
An attitude of thankfulness. A heart full of gratefulness for all the Lord has done. It takes practice and discipline to begin this habit of truly looking at the blessings of each and every day. It is a choice to seek and see that which God has done and to be thankful for His work within my life. It is a turning away from the fleshly response of complaining and grumbling to a Spirit filled response of praise and gratitude for the work the Lord has done.
A thousand gifts from my Heavenly Father's hand....
1. The gift of knowing my Lord, Jesus.
2. His word...oh how I love the word of God and the truth that it holds.
3. Quiet moments at the beginning of day that allow me time to curl up with the word before the presence of my Lord.
4. My old comfy rocker in the corner of my room that beckons to me.
5. A quilt upon my rocker...it is worn and even threadbare in places. It offers a little warmth but is full of memories of those who have gone to be with the Lord.
Oh Lord, I have so very much to be thankful for. I could spend the rest of my days singing your praises yet it would not be enough to let you know how very thankful I am.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
They all arrived at 9:00. Children, Marrieds and the Magars. The kitchen was ready and the ingredients were organized. It was time for the annual Cookie Baking Day!
Posted by Mama C at 9:43 PM